I woke up to the rooster crowing this morning… good thing, because I forgot my alarm. We started the day off with devos and pryer. We talked with the clients today, talking with them finding out what they wanted us to design for them. Again, there were 13 men and then me. We talked about what their views were… they wanted several guest houses for miss1onaries, a seminary hall, kitchen, dinning, dormitories, etc. We got to visit the potential site and talked with the chrch leaders. Then the engineers started surveying the site and us architects started the programming. Our office the first day was in a small hut, it was really neat. The women pampered us, serving us sweets and chi as we worked. We worked all week, starting early in the morning at 6:30 and working till late in the night.. We were to present something for them by Friday!
The rest of the week our “office” was a living room.
We had some fun times and our team really bonded during this time. The whole neighborhood enjoyed our late night singing as we worked… (I think that’s why they asked us to sing in church on Sunday. Haha.)
Thursday night we ended up staying up until 2pm working and finishing up. The next morning we ended up going to the chrch to present. The whole chrch board was there, along with some of the women. I helped present… who knows if they understood what I was saying, so I used a lot of hand gestures to keep them intertained. Haha!
That was a great experience, I felt like I was in school working on a project, except this was for REAL! And it wasn’t for a grade… this was for Gd’s people! It was awesome to have that perspective that this was for expanding Gd’s kingdom! And to think that he wants to use me! Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment