Had a very eventful week/weekend! Let me tell you about it:
Thursday we went out to eat at a south Indian restaurant after work to have a going away party for Deb, one of the interns here, and afterward we got Indian sweets! YUm! ... one problem though....
Friday morning I got sick... (from the south Indian restaurant most likely.) ha!
Didn't get any work done; spending most of the day in the bathroom. But was ready to head out that night and go to Delhi, because us interns had planned on going to Delhi and Agra to see the Taj Mahal! We planned on taking the night train to Delhi so we could sleep the whole night on the train, but that plan failed. We soon found out that we were wait-listed and instead of having a bunk for each of us, we had two bunks for seven of us. Ha! We first just all sat squeezed in the two bunks and tried to sleep sit, but when tiredness hits... well let's just say you don't really care about cleanliness. So three brave souls slept on the floor of the train! Let me just tell you, this isn't just any train, this is a train in India... you see cockroaches squirming about, rats running around eating the garbage strewn across the floor, chi and masala spilt all over, and where millions of people walk and each one of them most likely has poo on their shoes. Yea, well those three slept on the floor while the rest of us tried to share two small bunks. My head ended up by Deb's feet, and when I woke up some ones hankerchief had fallen on my head from the bunk above. ugh! Ha. Not so much of a great time, but a great memory at that. ha. We were all so tired and our necks cramped by the time we finally arrived. (Oh and I'm sure we smelled great too!)
So saturday we kind of just chilled and went and saw Humayuns tomb.
On Sunday I ran the Delhi half marathon! It was chaotic, but super fun! ha! I've always wanted to run one, so it was fun to say that my first half marathon was in India. Me and two other ladies had been training for it, running every morning in the mountains of mussoorie, so our lungs were strong. Running in Delhi, in a lower altitude, with no mountainous trails made the flat 13.1 mile run seem easy. It was fun! And I'm really glad I was able to experience something like that. You can check out my pictures from the race on the marathon website if you want:
http://www.Marathon-Photos.com/scripts/event.py?event=Sports/CPUK/2010/Airtel%20
Delhi%20Half%20Marathon;match=6276
(I stuck out like a sore thumb with my chicken WHITE legs compared to everybody else's dark skinned legs.)

This weekend us interns also decided to go to the Taj Mahal and make a full weekend out of it. Mine and Deb's legs were tired after the run, but we didn't want to miss out on the Taj. (You can't come to India and not see the Taj. :)) It was awesome! We got some great pictures too. And had several people come up to us asking if they could get a picture with us. I felt like a famous person, everyone asking for a photo like every 3 minutes. We started telling people that it would cost them to take a photo with us and then they would leave us alone. There also was one lady that kept squeezing my checks she thought I was so cute. ha. They must not see white people too often. Anyways, it was very eventful and fun! Now we are back in the office working on our projects.
We all should be finishing up with our projects soon, so that's exciting. It's also sad, because that means our time here is almost up. It's going by so fast, but I've really enjoyed my time here and continue to enjoy it!

Before I end this weeks blog, I wanted to share an amazing encounter with Gd that I experience in chrch a few Sunday's back (I was going to write it earlier, but sorry, it's been busy, and I haven't written a blog in a while)
....................................................
Anyways, we started the service off with singing and then followed by a time of prayer and meditation. The pastr was praying and then said, "let's have a moment of silence." During the moment of silence, my mind was so consumed with thoughts and distractions. My mind was going in every direction. Usually when there is a time of meditation I feel as if I must confess my sins during that time and I feel that I must talk and reflect on all that I've done wrong and ask for forgiveness... it was a vicious cycle of my mind wandering. After quite some time of quietness and praying, the pastr said, "I was going to stop this time of prayer and meditation now, because we are running short on time, but I feel that someone here needs more time with the presence of the Lrd." After he said that, again my thoughts began to wander... but just then, the pastr said, "Gd loves you so much, and He wants you to be in His presence, He is taking your head and holding you tightly to His breast." As soon as he said that, my distractions stopped and I felt the Lrd's arms wrapped around me! I have never experienced Gd like this before! (Awestruck!) I realized that the Lord doesn't want to hear my speratic "please forgive me's" in a way that i'm just doing it because I know it's right; The Lrd took me in His arms and held my head to His chest and said, "Quiet my daughter." And for several moments i was silent just resting upon Gd's chest, not saying a word, not thinking about what I was going to do this week, just resting in His Peace and Love in the stillness of the moment. When i got to that moment it was an amazing experience for me to be in the presence of Gd like that, it was like the Lord was saying to me, "Be STILL and KNOW that I AM GD!" Then the Pastr said, "He is now stroking your hair back gently showing his love for you." I felt like the Pastr was talking to me, and when he said that, i truly felt the Lord's presence! An amazing, amazing experience! I was then reminded of the times at home, when I was little, and would sit on my mom's lap and lean my head upon her chest and would just sit there, not saying a word, just sitting. Still knowing and pouring out our love for one another in the silence and stillness as she rocked me back and forth. And I realized this is exactly what Gd wants! He wants that intimate time with me, where I just sit in His presence and warmth, in awe of His holiness and unconditional LOVe for ME!! WOW! I hope that all of you some day can have an experience like this! It was an experience I will never forget! There has been so many amazing stories with my time here, where Gd has really spoken to me so clearly, I wish I could share them all, but this blog would be super long, so I will end at that.
....................................................
Also this week we have been having trouble with our internet network at work here. There was a bad storm last week and ever since that our network has failed to work for us. Our projects have been delayed a little as some of our work is saved on one of the networks and we can't access it. Please pray that we will be able to get it fixed and get back to work soon to finish our projects.
No comments:
Post a Comment