First off, the week started off with me being sick for two days laying low, but actually I really needed that. The Lrd knew that my body needed rest, and the only way it was going to get it was if I fell sick. Also, the Lrd provided some staff members that didn't go trekking and they took care of me. It was so awesome because they asked what I wanted to eat and all I asked for was a
banana... well pretty soon someone else heard that I wanted bananas and told someone else, and by the end of the afternoon I had 20 bananas!

It got pretty boring around the office, without everyone else; I wanted to do something. It was so awesome because a man from the village had asked us interns earlier if we could go with him to a nearby village and help out with a program they
were putting on for the kids, it happened to fall on this week and so I went. It was so awesome to experience! The only way to get to the village was to walk an hour and a half along a narrow rocky pathway, that winded down along the steep mountain side. When we finally arrived to the village, we found that we would have to walk another fifteen minutes or so to the school. We brought snacks and goodies for the kids and the man we were with brought medicine and things for the village people. When we got to the school, they asked me to tell a story. ahh! So the only story that came to mind, was the story of Jonah. Someone translated it for me as I told. It was so encouraging afterwards, because the teacher started exclaiming something to me in Hindi. I asked for it to be translated; she was so excited, saying, "the kids are learning about

obedience in school this week!" ... the guy said it was so encouraging for them to have a real life chrstn example to hear, because the kids definitely don't hear that in school. That was encouraging.
Afterwards we went into the village. Somehow the guy we were with knew where the sick people were, because he found them along the road or inside the village and gave them medicine and talked and pryed with them. We met a 92 year old man who, with his frail, weak body, walked down a flight of steps to see us. We also met a child who was miserable with a very bad cold. It was so awesome to be able to witness this and be a part of this. I hope to go back again soon when he goes on another village visit.
Also the rest of the week I decided to go to Delhi with another staff member to experience a little more of India. In the three days that we were there, I got to go to a movie theatre, see the lotus temple, experience an Indian wedding, celebrate a child's birthday party, meet up with a friend, and experience several rickshaw rides (one of which, I almost fell out of) ha. Anyways, it was a very restful and fun week, all of which I am very thankful for!
No comments:
Post a Comment