Friday, June 25, 2010
INTRO: What, When, Where & Why
I am so excited to tell you about an amazing opportunity that God has placed on my heart. This fall God has opened up an opportunity for me that he has put on my heart for a couple of years. While rooming with my friend Tanya from India for the last two years, she brought up an opportunity that she thought I would be interested in. It was a ministry that involved architects and engineers designing hope for the poor. The beginning of this year India kept coming up (by no coincidence). I started praying that if this opportunity was meant for me, that God would make it “crystal clear”. This year that opportunity became a reality as God was calling me to apply for an internship at Engineering Ministries International (EMI). EMI is a non-profit “Christian ministry that designs facilities that serve the poor in developing countries. These facilities (including hospitals, orphanages, schools, clean water projects and more) directly impact communities by meeting physical needs and communicating God’s love in a practical way.” Since 1982, EMI has designed over 800 projects in more than 85 different countries! They have offices in Colorado Springs, India, Uganda, Costa Rica, UK, and Canada. As an intern, I will be assisting professional architects and engineers in the design process in India. I am leaving AUGUST 15th and will be in India for FOUR MONTHS! I start out in Colorado Springs for one week of training and from there I will head out with my team of five to Mussoorie, India, which is located at the foothills of the Himalayan mountains. I am extremely eager to see how God is going to use me; I am willing and ready. It will be very challenging but I know this is where God wants me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment